I want to make the future a better place to live, hopefully in a way that also improves the present.
I think that our top priority as a species ought to be making sure civilization doesn’t collapse. Other important priorities include:
- Helping everyone reach a reasonable standard of living.
- Ending involuntary sickness and death.
- Improving our collective ability to solve problems and make discoveries.
I have original viewpoints about some of these things, but sometimes I write about them just to summarize the insights of others.
I also write about:
- Life as a
college student(whatever stage of life I’m in).
- Thought experiments that are meaningful, ridiculous, or both.
- Short stories, humorous lists, essays, and other wordplay.
- Ways to be rational in a practical sense: Getting what you want, and wanting things that are good for other people as well as yourself.
I like to write, and this blog is mostly a place to put words when I don’t have other places to put them. The more I think and write, the better I hope to get at writing and thinking.
I hope you’ll join me for that journey, even if it’s the part where I’m not very good yet.